1. Involve stakeholders and business people in dashboard design and get feedback
2. Continuous improvements based on feedback
3. Solve a problem – highest value
4. One dashboard will not rule them all – different dashboard and data relevant to the specific audience
5. Understand the role of dashboards and alerts.
When to use dashboards to visualise and alerts to be notified (when not looking at the dashboard)
6. What are the actions from this dashboard?
7. Keep it simple – do not put too much information as it leads to information overload